thailand visa and work permitNon-B Visa and Work Permit

You must hold a non-immigrant visa “B” (non-B visa) in order to apply for a work permit. Before arriving to Thailand, you may apply for a non-B visa at a Thai embassy/consulate within reach. We are able to provide you with all the necessary documents for a speedy application process.

If you are currently in Thailand on a tourist visa, you will need to first sign a contract with your new school and wait as we prepare the required documents for you to apply within a neighboring country. Bordering countries include: Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, and Myanmar.


Once your application is approved, we send you an acceptance letter and provide you with more information regarding placements, visa, and training schedule

Pay 50% of the orientation and short-training program fee as a deposit (pay the rest in cash during orientation week)

Wait 2–3 days for your visa documents to be produced

Use these documents to apply for the non-B visa


Visa Documents

  • Letter addressing Thai embassy (provided by school)
  • Letter of acceptance (provided by school)
  • Letter for reason of hire (provided by school)
  • Passport (original and copy)
  • Transcript
  • 2 inch visa photos
  • Hiring contract
  • Official I.D. of school director
  • Visa fee of ±2000 THB

Application Process

Provide copies of the following documents:

  • Completed application form
  • Curriculum vitae (resume)
  • Formal photograph
  • Degree certificate
  • TEFL certificate
  • Passport


Work Permit

Once you have received a Non-B visa, the next step is to try and get a work permit. By signing a one-year contract, you stand a better chance of receiving a work permit (generally, only degree holders are able to obtain a work permit). To apply for the work permit you must have at least one month validity on your current visa. If you do not, you will have to renew your Non-B visa at your own expense. We (the agent) will prepare all the necessary documents for you and your school, but you will have to go to your local immigration office (your school should assist you with this to help with the language barrier) and apply for a work permit. We (the agent) will pay you back the sum of your work permit at the conclusion of your first year teaching if you are a degree holder and have signed a one-year contract. It is recommended to acquire a work permit as this will save you time and money.

In order to obtain a work permit you will also need a teaching license. Most teachers do not have this. Ordinarily, teachers without a teaching license must go to the teaching council in Bangkok in order to apply for a special letter allowing them to obtain a work permit; however, the Road Experience team will obtain this document on your behalf by sending our staff to Bangkok.



The following documents are needed to apply for the teaching council letter:
(Give these documents to your Thai teacher, so they can send it to the team via post.)
(Please provide 2 copies of each document, all signed.)

  1. Passport
  2. Visa
  3. Degree & Transcript
  4. TEFL Certificate

The following documents are needed for the work permit application:

  1. Letter from the teaching council
  2. 2 copies of your passport (signed)
  3. Original passport
  4. 2 copies of your Non-B visa (signed)
  5. 2 copies of your degree (signed)
  6. Recent medical check-up
  7. 3x 2 inch photos (3×4 cm)

Working Visa

Once you have received your work permit, you will be qualified for the working visa (valid for 1 year).

The following documents are needed: (all signed)

  • 2 copies of your passport
  • 2 copies of your Non-B visa
  • 2 copies of your degree
  • 3x 2 inch photos (3×4 cm)


743, Taweerat Road, Thumbon Khohong, Amper Hat-yai, Songkhla, Thailand 90110
Phone: (+66) 9-0656-4229